Tuesday night is one of the nights I go to a camera club. Tonight I will be doing a short session on “Camera bags and carrying equipment”. An article on camera bags is to follow tomorrow.
For now, I just wanted to say a little about the benefits of joining a camera club. Photography is both a solitary pursuit and a social one. You can spend hours on your own peering through a camera viewer on a shoot. Then you want to show your photos off to everyone in sight. While most peoples eyes glaze over, your fellow members at a camera club will more interested. So here are some reasons to get joined up…
- Meet other like minded people.
- Learn from others with more experience.
- Share your experiences and discuss them.
- See other peoples pictures.
- Show off your pictures to other members.
- Go on shoots and trips together.
- Share costs and equipment with friends.
- Meet more experienced people and experts and professionals.
- Get access to lectures, information and help.
- Spend time practicing skills with help on hand.
- Meet new friends.
- See a wide range of equipment in action.
- Try out new types of photography.
- Learn how to take a photograph!
- Enter competitions – tune up your skills.
- Go to events.
- Enjoy photography shows.
I could go on. There are certainly plenty of other things you can gain. I am sure you get the point. A club is there for its members. Usually, for a very small amount of money for membership, you get to exercise your passion for photography in an warm and friendly environment where everyone is there to help each other. Why not look around and see if there is a club near you?
Meet other photographers and share!
We would love to have your articles or tips posted on our site.
Find out more…
Write for Photokonnexion.