Resources, articles and links
This is the place to find links to information and articles about night photography. While night photography is carried out in low light conditions there are many sources of light even at night. The problem is how to capture the light and what settings you should use to make the best of the light you capture. The resources here are aimed at providing a rounded and informative view of how to do night photography.
Articles to introduce night photography
- Preparing for a Night Shoot
- Out on a Night Shoot – Night Composition
- Six things you must know for night shoots
- Shooting very long night exposures
- Six tips about photographing silhouettes
- How to do night photography when starting out (includes a video exploring settings for night photography).
Helpful for night photography
Some things you should know about on-camera flash
Is your shot ruined by bright white spots? (discusses the ‘blinkies’)
Can You Use the Histogram on Your camera
EXIF – look at your image files to see what camera settings you used
What is the ‘Bulb’ Setting?
Definition: Bulb Setting