Lenses are a wide ranging subject…
and there is a lot to know. It is very easy to make mistakes. So finding out the basics is important. In this lens quiz I will give you the links to resources so can find the simple answers which is also essential information… have fun!
Lens Quiz Questions…
- Q1. Why do you use a lens hood?
- Q2. Name the phenomenon that causes light to bend when it hits a lens surface?
- Q3. How does the optical path differ from the optical axis?
- Q4. What is another name for an individual glass lens inside a photographic lens?
- Q5. Is the focal length of an optical lens the same as the focal length of a photographic lens?
- Q6. How many lenses in a lens group?
- Q7. Describe what “chromatic aberration” looks like in a picture.
- Q8. What is projected onto the sensor plane from the lens?
- Q9. What is the diaphragm in a photographic lens?
- Q10. Can the focal length be greater than the measured length of the lens body?
- Q11. What would you normally use a macro lens to do?
- Q12. Does a wide aperture have a low ‘f’ number or a high ‘f’ number?
- Q13. Is the shutter in the lens or the camera?
- Q14. Which is the fastest lens an f1.2, f5.6 or f4.0?
- Q15. What controls the depth of field?
Where to find the answers…
- Lens quiz Q1. Why do you use a lens hood?
- Lens quiz Q2. Definition: Optical lens; Lens (optical) and Definition: focal length
- Lens quiz Q3. Definition: optical axis and Definition: Optical path
- Lens quiz Q4. About individual glass lenses in photographic lenses
- Lens quiz Q5. Focal length (photographic) and Optical lens
- Lens quiz Q6. How many lenses in a lens group?
- Lens quiz Q7. Definition: Optical lens; Lens (optical)
- Lens quiz Q8. What is projected onto the sensor plane from the lens? and image plane
- Lens quiz Q9. Definition: Iris diaphragm
- Lens quiz Q10. Definition: Telephoto lens
- Lens quiz Q11. Definition: Macro photography and Definition: Macro Lens
- Lens quiz Q12. Definition: Aperture
- Lens quiz Q13. Definition: Shutter, Definition: Diaphragm shutter and Definition: Central shutter
- Lens quiz Q14. Light control and Definition: Fast Lens
- Lens quiz Q15. Definition: Depth of Field
You can download a copy of an answer sheet so you can write the answers while looking at web pages.
We will give you our answers on Monday 05th August 2013. In the meantime, have fun!
Comments, additions, amendments or ideas on this article? Contact Us
or why not leave a comment at the bottom of the page…
Like this article? Don’t miss the next one — sign up here.
See also: Editors ‘Bio’.
By Damon Guy see his profile on Google+.