Read this page before submitting articles on the form below!
We want guest articles to feature on this site. We would love have your articles or tips. Here are some ideas on what to write about…
- A specific tip to share!
- A wonderful location and how, why and what to photograph there!
- Your approach to your your favourite aspect of photography
- Your best ever photograph – show it off!
- A wish to help others learn something you have learned
- A definition of a photographic word or phrase
- Tried or reviewed a camera, lens or other photography accessory?
- Read and reviewed a wonderful book on something photographic.
- A great tip on presenting, editing, or post production
- An interesting point about photographic composition
- An insight into an idea, approach or activity that could help others
- Any idea we have missed – we are always prepared to assess submissions
Articles or Tips…
We accept articles or tips if they are…
- on a photographic subject.
- original, written by you.
- more than 250 words (usually less than 1000 words).
- written in a simple, logical way.
- focussed on increasing the readers knowledge.
- linked to source information so readers can find out more.
- unpublished elsewhere (and not to be published in future).
- accompanied by photographs (at least one) or diagrams.
Everyone benefits from the use of simple language. Please explain things simply and provide links.
We accept tips and tutorials for all levels. Please ensure you tell us what level of photographer your tutorial should reach. Organise your tutorial in a simple and logical way.
Photographs, drawings, diagrams and other media
Please include at least one photograph or other media file with your article. You must own the copyright. You must grant us use of the photograph/media on this site as long as it is posted. However, you will retain all rights over your photograph/media and you may use the photograph how you wish. This applies to drawings, diagrams or other media.
Media such as video, audio or music may also be accepted as a post – provide a link so we can check it out online. We will then contact you to get it on our site.
Please note: Photokonnexion only accepts these file types by email: .pdf, .txt, .gif, .jpg. Other file types should be posted online and you can send us a link so we can check it out.
What you get in return
You will be named as the article author. We will link to your website or other web presence you nominate. Our readership is growing rapidly and your site may gain traffic from your link. If you provide more than three articles you will be posted on our contributors page with a photograph of you if you want and a link. That will remain for one year after your last article. All articles are published on a random basis to the Photokonnexion Twitter stream (@photokonnexion). Tweet frequency is not guaranteed.
For your information
We do not guarantee to publish any submission. We may also edit submissions to ensure our high standards. Please contact us if you would like to discuss a tip, article or tutorial you want to submit.
Submit an Article, Tip or Tutorial
Please submit your article by email using our secure email form below.